Daniel S. Hoops
T: (248) 792-6886
F: (248) 792-6885
Tax and Estate Planning
Real Estate Development
Trademark and Copyright Litigation
Mr. Hoops has been a practicing attorney since 1995 and close friend of Anthony Paesano’s for almost two decades. Prior to joining the Firm as a Partner and founder of the Tax and Estate Planning practice group, Dan served as Of Counsel and assisted Anthony in founding the Firm. Dan spent the past 10 years in academia, serving on the full-time faculty at Walsh College and Northwood University while maintaining a limited practice. His teaching load included graduate and undergraduate courses in taxation and business law, including serving as department chair of accounting and taxation for two-years. Dan has also developed and taught various courses for Fiat Chrysler Automobile’s New Dealers Program for eight years.
Daniel’s areas of expertise include estate, tax and business planning, real estate development, trademark and copyright litigation, and charitable giving. During his career, he has worked with a variety of clients in the finance, automotive, construction, medical, and entertainment industries. As well as servicing clients as a member of the Florida Bar, Dan’s clients have taken him to Australia and various countries in Asia and Europe.
In addition to his professional work, Mr. Hoops has been a board member and general counsel of the internationally recognized Heidelberg Project from 2001 to 2011, 2014-present and was the faculty advisor and assistant coach for the Northwood University Men’s Lacrosse team.
- Michigan State University-Detroit College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Miami Graduate School of Law, Master of Laws, Estate Planning
- University of Michigan, B.M.A, Trumoet Performance
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Florida
- Heidelberg Project - Detroit
- Planning for Estates and Administration in Michigan (Thomson Reuters) 1991-present
- Family Estate Planning Guide (Thomson Reuters) 1992-present
- Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010: Law, Explanation and Analysis Practical Analysis (CCH): 2010
- Sunset of the 2001 and 2003 Tax Relief Acts: Law, Explanation and Analysis Practical Analysis (CCH): 2010
- Virtual Worlds and E-Commerce: Technologies and Applications for Building Customer Relationships, Author, Legal Perspectives (IGI Global): 2010
- Connecting the Dots: Tyree Guyton’s Heidelberg Project (Wayne State University Press, 2008)
- Bringing and Defending a Will Contest in Michigan (MSU-DCL Law Review, 1997)
- How To Build A Successful Estate Practice (WestGroup) 1994-1997